martes, 4 de junio de 2013

My new bible.

Well, I'm not religious. At all. Less it's about travel. So I just ordered two books from "Lonely Planet" to learn dos and don'ts in Peru.


The book will definitely be a great help. And the fact that I'm going to spend pretty much all of my time with Peruvians also helps. I hope it will give me more courage to try something new especially when it comes to food. I'm so fuzzy about food they say. But have you ever been eating chicken soup with chicken feet? Or guinea pig? (I know that it's a common dish in South America). Some of it I like and some of it I dislike.
 Besides this book I've also ordered a small phrase-book. Which could sound odd to people who know me since I speak fluently Spanish. But I have to learn more Latin American Spanish because it's so different to the Spanish they speak in Spain. And the politeness I have to get used to their overrated politeness. I'm already practising "Usted" in my head. And I must not forget that they salute with only ONE kiss on the cheek. Unlike in Spain where they kiss twice. It can be terribly intimidating learning new words, speaking a different language and to be kissed by strangers. And dancing Cumbia. The thing is that you look more stupid not trying to dance than actually be trying to do it.

Do you have any experience with "Lonely Planet"? 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario