domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

Barcelona #2

” Allow me to state here how much I love Barcelona , an admirable city, a city full of life, intense, a port open to the past and future ” - Le Corbusier

Barcelona, Spain's second largest city. I cannot think of another European city I love more than Barcelona. The city of architecture, art, culture and history as well as it is modern. Summer is the best time of the year to visit the city of Gaudí. And in matter of fact there is way more to do and to see than just Sagrada Familia, Parc Güell and Casa Batlló. No doubt that Gaudí's architecture dominates the attractions of the city. My opinion is that his arquithecture is special but as an expat it's a bit overrated too. Actually when you expatriate you realize how annoying tourists can be. And everybody knows that Barcelona is filled up with tourists. Catalonia is that region in Spain that earns most money on tourism, which means more than what Madrid does.




When people ask me why I love Barcelona so much and return as often as I can, I say: the atmosphere. I really think that it's unlike anything else in Spain despite the tourism. There is always something to do for everyone. For those who love sports, how many cities can brag about hosting the world's best soccer team?? And for those (I'm one of those) who love history and art, Barcelona is definitely at its best. I used to spend a lot of time walking from Sants-Montjuïc to Barri Gótic. Just to get my churros with chocolate. Or getting lost in the history for a while. The interesting thing about this particular barrio is that despite its name it's not from the Gothic. It's actually from the world exhibition in 1929 and has been restored. But if you want to see the barrio is from the Gothic period it's just beside the Barri Gótic. La Ribera in Ciutat Vella. The older cathedrals of Barcelona is way more interesting than Sagrada Familia. La Catedral de Barcelona and Santa María Pi. 
Have you ever been to Barcelona? And what's your favorite spot in the Catalan capital?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario