martes, 9 de julio de 2013

Dating a Peruvian #1




I remember that when I was younger I always said that I never wanted to get married neither have those little creatures, called children. And thinking about that statement seems like pure stupidity now since I'm with E. I never thought that I would be with a Latino because of my Chilean father. But after my dear prima told me that she used to say that she didn't want to be married to a Chilean. She is now married to a Chilean and has 3 children, I realize the meaning of never say never. (Without sounding like a Justin Bieber song).
Anyway, my life basically changed when I met E. And this post should rather be called: ”Internet”-dating a Peruvian. In matter of fact even if it sounds really crazy but being an Internet couple for a year really worked for us. And there has never been any akward moments between E and I when we met in real life, as it tends to happen. Besides I would love to put down in words how it really is to be dating a Peruvian. Since dating a Latino can be challenging for an European young woman.


#1. Machistas. Well, I think I've found one of the few who isn't machista. I'm not a feminist AT ALL. But both shall be treated equally.


#2. Language. No offense, but Hispanics (outside the States) are not good at speaking English. This can be a problem in the communication when the families are going to meet, at the same time very entertaining!


#3. Making new friends. Seriuously, señores I think this is a huge issue. Just because a girl has a friend who is a guy doesn't mean that she is going to leave you. This issue is more an issue of trust. And sometimes it is possible that a girl and a guy can remain friends. Have you ever seen MTV's Friendzone? But then again... this is if you are thinking like an European.


#4. Drinking. Not to say that this is an issue of E, but Latinos drink a lot of beer. The Europeans about Latinos: the men drink beer, watching soccer and reading the paper y nada más. I've never seen before people who fill up the refrigerator with beers only and the morning after you see only 2 beers. (To be honest I don't like the most of E's friends in Peru. Because I know when they're together they will be drinking...too much.) I'm not sure if this is just my own issue of people who drinks.


#5. Well. I must admit that I have got myself a latinlover. Haha. But serious. There is something about that word that is true. Though the word really makes my think of the 90s hit Latinlover by Loona.
2 months left! I'm overloaded with excitement!



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario